At CICF, our goal is to make grant application as straightforward and simple as possible. To apply, follow the steps below. Questions? Need help? Contact us at 317.634.2423 or email@example.com. We’re here to help!
Step 1: Learn about our grantmaking
CICF’s 2014 Grantseeker's Guide provides an overview of all available grant opportunities at CICF including specific information about fund priorities, how to apply, and when to apply.
Step 2: Apply for available grants through our Thriving Community Competitive Grantmaking Program:
CICF welcomes grant applications from charitable organizations that are tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and from governmental agencies. New projects and organizations with their 501(c)(3) status pending may submit an application with the assistance of a charitable organization that has agreed to serve as their fiscal sponsor.
Deadlines & Process
CICF requires all applicants to use our online grants management system which will help you manage your profile, applications, and reports. Through the online grants management system, access to the grants application will be available February 1-28, 2014.
2014 Grant Deadlines
Applications for Legacy Fund, The Indianapolis Foundation and The Indianapolis Foundation Library Fund are accepted two times per year, February 1 to 28 and July 1 to 31. Click here for information on the Library Fund grant process. Applications for the Central Indiana Senior Fund are accepted from July 1 to 31.
Grantmaking Boards Review
Mar. – Dec.
Mar. – Dec.
Aug. – Mar.
Aug. – Mar.
* Generally speaking, each of the funds listed above will consider and support one request per year. Organizations may apply to multiple funds in one application cycle.
Step 3: Pursue other CICF grantmaking opportunities:
Field of Interest funds have been created to serve a particular interest or population. Please refer to the table below for more information about these funds and their guidelines for application.
Summer Youth Program Fund
The application deadline for Summer 2014 has passed. Learn more about the Summer Youth Program Fund at: www.summeryouthprogramfund-indy.org.
Women’s Fund of Central Indiana
Please check back in early 2014 for Women's Fund grant opportunities. Learn more about Women's Fund grant priorities by visiting Women's Fund Grantmaking.
|Libraries eligible for The Indianapolis Foundation Library Fund grants include Indianapolis Public Library; the libraries at IUPUI, Marian University, and the University of Indianapolis; and high school libraries in Marion County with a full-time, licensed media specialist. Click here for the application. Contact LaTasha Sturdivant-Malone for information.|
Need help? Contact the CICF Grants Office for guidance on your request at 317.634.2423 or refer to the FAQ page in our 2014 Grantseeker’s Guide.
Our Review Process
- After receiving applications at each of the two deadlines, CICF staff will review each application. Organizations that are not currently a fit for funding will receive written notification.
- Accepted applications will be assigned to a CICF staff person.
- Staff will contact organizations to obtain additional information, if necessary, and may schedule a site visit.
- Staff will provide preliminary recommendations to Grantmaking boards for their review and final funding decisions.
- Grantmaking boards will meet for application review and to make final funding decisions.
- Final funding decisions will be communicated to applicants.